Saturday, June 24, 2017

O.S.T.R.I.C.H.

     The latest in animal military technology, the O.S.T.R.I.C.H. (short for Overland Sahara Traversing Ridable Indigenous Cavalry Herbivore) is the best in natural protection for your dominion!
     All kidding aside, this is definitely one of the more technical models I've built, especially for such a small space (all the mechanical details rest on the back of the ostrich, a mere 4 studs). Many of the bar-clip connections aren't "legal", meaning they aren't clipped in perpendicular to each other, so the model is not the most sturdy or the most easily played with, but I built it more for looks anyways because who doesn't love a combat ostrich?
     This rear view highlights details not easily seen from the main view, including the pistol mount on the back and the red banner, as well as the sand spilling out of the base. I always have trouble deciding how to "frame" my model, and while a rectangular black border is easy and not parts-taxing, it is simple and used perhaps too often for my taste. Natural borders, however, usually require parts I lack, and so I blended the two together: a black base with some sand spilling out. I think it turned out quite nice, however I feel it is better-looking from the front than the back.
     One final shot: a head-on view, showcasing the guns, rider, terrain, and base. This one build I am quite proud of, and will be the first to kick off me maintaining this website again!

No comments:

Post a Comment